Rutgers-Camden has scheduled an electrical outage starting at 7 am Saturday, June 16, while renovation work is conducted on campus. The outage will last four to eight hours and affect eight buildings, including the Business and Science Building, Campus Center and Science Building. The Camden apps server at apps.camden.rutgers.edu will be offline, but otherwise the impact should be limited.
The buildings are:
- Camden Apartments, 215 N. Third Street
- Camden Towers, 215 N. Third Street
- Business and science Building, 227 Penn Street
- Science Building, 315 Penn Street
- Campus Center, 326 Penn Street
- Artis Building, 329 Cooper Street
- Mail Services Building, 329 Cooper Street (rear)
- MPP/Political Science, 401 Cooper Street
The apps.camden.rutgers.edu remote Linux desktop server will be offline from the afternoon of Friday, June 15, through the morning of Sunday, June 17. During this time, use the university-wide apps server at apps.rutgers.edu to access Linux desktop applications from off campus. To access files in the Camden Linux home directory from apps.rutgers.edu, SFTP to clamshell.rutgers.edu (students) or crabshell.rutgers.edu (faculty and staff).
Both wired and wireless internet will continue to work for buildings with power, including Robeson Library. Campus websites will remain up, though slowdowns may be possible. Some minor services may be affected. Contact Help Desk at (856) 225-6274 or firstname.lastname@example.org during computer lab hours if you have a question about a possible outage.